July is National Grilling Month.
If your like me, you can’t wait until the weather warms up so you can fire up the grill. I love grilling!! The delicious smokey flavor that grilling gives meats and veggies. I enjoy sitting on the back porch visiting with friends and family while supper is cooking on the grill.
While most of us have been grilling for several months now, it’s never too late to refresh ourselves on grilling safety tips.
- Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from the house in an open area. Make sure to keep the grill away from deck railings, eaves of the house or branches from nearby trees.
- Check all grill connections on your gas grill to ensure no gas leaks.
- All young children and pets should remain at least 3 feet from the grill.
- Remove any grease or fat build up on your grill that could cause the fire to flare up during grilling.
- Once the grill is lit, be sure to stay in close proximity to monitor the grill and cooking.
- Keep a spray bottle with water and a fire extinguisher close by for flare ups or fires.
- When finished grilling, make sure the grill and charcoal have completely cooled before storing.
Hope your summer grilling is safe and enjoyable.