It’s May. The last month of school. And BEEF MONTH!!!! The weather is warming up (at least somewhat). Grilling is one of my favorite times of year. There is just something about friends gathered on the patio and kids playing in the back yard. I absolutely love it!!!
No better time to share a few grilling hacks to make your grilling season a success.
- Don’t get stuck thinking burgers and steaks are the only things you can cook on the grill. Especially during summer, I love cooking the whole meal on the grill … meat and veggies!! No sense in heating up the kitchen. Some of my favorites are corn on the cob & sliced veggies like zucchini, mushrooms, squash, asparagus and onions in a grilling basket. Another family favorite is pizza on the grill….but that is for another post!
- Plan ahead and let your beef come to room temperature before throwing it on the grill. This will help your meat cook evenly throughout the grilling process. Don’t worry … this only takes about 20-25 minutes!!!
- Season away!! Your favorite seasoning may be salt and pepper, a store bought seasoning, a homemade concoction or a combination of all of the above. Whichever speaks delicious to your taste buds, go fo it.
- No patting or pressing on your beef. This just squishes the juice right out, and I don’t want to lose one drop of juicy goodness.
- Let it rest!! The beautiful sear marks and delicious smell of freshly grilled meat will tempt you like no other, but don’t cut into that steak just yet. Allow you beef to rest for about 5 minutes before cutting to retain the juices.
- #DYK that your cut of meat will continue to cook when you take it off the grill? In order to prevent it from being over done, take it off the grill just a few minutes early. After resting, it will be PERFECT!!!
What are your favorite grilling tips to share with us?? Share in the comments.