Happy National Burrito Day!!!
This day is sure to make my family smile – for what better day to make one of their favorite meals…potato burritos!!
One of my dear friends introduced my family to potato burritos several years ago. She grew up in Colorado and told me they were a “Colorado thing!” It became an instant favorite with my kids. Not only are they delicious, but quick and easy…this makes it one of my favorites!! When your family is on the fly, this is a perfect semi-homemade meal that will make everyone’s tummy happy!! I’m not much of a measuring kind of girl, so please bare with me as I dump and pour to create mealtime magic!!
- Season and brown 1 lb. of ground beef in a skillet.
- Toss in 1/2 bag of frozen cubed hash browns and a can of chopped green chilies.
- Add water to help the potatoes cook and soften.
- Don’t forget to season with season salt or your favorite seasoning to make magic in your mouth.
- Cook/simmer for about 30 minutes. (May need to continue to add liquid)
Supper is almost ready!!!
In a small sauce pan, warm a can of Stokes Green Chili sauce and your favorite green chili enchilada sauce.
In a warmed flour tortilla, add some beef & potato goodness, shredded cheese, cilantro, and wrap up. Top it off with the green chili sauce and more cheese (can never have enough cheese). Yum — my tummy is craving them right now.